Thursday 1 November 2012

I arrived Sept 18, so that brings me to a total of 45 days of having lived in Cardiff, Wales. I picked up and moved away from my family and friends to a country that I knew nothing about but the fact that it rained a lot. I have been to the United Kingdom before on vacation and I understood some of the cultural difference but I didnt think there would be as many small differences between the 2 countires. This blog is meant to highlight some of the things that I have found to be strikingly different between Canada and Wales. Its a collboration of the things that make me chuckle in everyday living, and sometimes the things that make me wish I was back in Canada.

I named this blog "drinking tea with the locals" because quite simply that is what I do. Ever since I stepped off the bus on my first day with all the other international students I was offered tea and biscuits. After a night out with the girls, we will come back have have a glass of tea and discuss the shinanigains of the evening. Sitting in my room on a cold wet night, listening to the rain while I do my homework, I drink tea to warm me up. I have always enjoyed a cup of tea, but here it has become a part of my life. The welsh have this part of life figured out; tea isnt just a drink, its a way of socializing, getting together with friends and family and really communicating with each other OR It can also just be a way to sit and unwind, go to a cafe to read a book and people watch.
I can't promise my blog will be interesting but I will certianly try, so maybe if you come to Wales you can experience it in all it glory. Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment