Monday 10 February 2014

Thinking of summer on this cold day.....


I wrote a couple of blogs over the summer but never put them online so these are a little dated...

After all my entries on how poor the weather has been over here we have had some amazing weather over the past couple weeks. I feel like they picked Britain up and moved it a bit closer to the equator with a large clear umbrella over our heads so no rain could get us. With good weather, comes tanned and fake tanned welsh men and women. Being that I was funemployed for the first part of this summer I spent much of my time at the city parks. The parks in Cardiff are lovely- you almost feel as though you are not in the city anymore but instead somewhere between the secret garden and alice in wonderland’s queen of hearts garden. They are the magical place where all welsh stuck in the city come to do pretty well anything they want. The other day there was a small festival in the park closest to me and as I walked I was watching a dog show, viewing a sports camp and became the audience participation for a medieval fight. Then came the unorganized activities of exercise camps running around, people tanning and reading, then the groups of people enjoying a case of beer and a barbeque or the line-up of children at an ice-cream truck. Off to the side, the elderly couples watched from the shade and the solo runners find serenity on the track. Parks are truly the meeting place for all social groups.

No comments:

Post a Comment